Carbon Dioxide Meter
Carbon Dioxide Meter, vent check – pSense low cost hand held instrument designed to measure the carbon dioxide concentration and temperature in surrounding air.
- State of the art non dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology to measure carbon dioxide gas in parts per million (ppm)
- Displays the current carbon dioxide and temperature on a large back lit LCD screen
- Displays time weighted average (TWA) (8 hours) and short time exposure limit (STEL) – weighted average of CO2 in the past 15 minutes
- Internal automatic self-diagnostic function
- Easy to calibrate
- Supplied with AA batteries and a power adaptor
- Supplied in a hard carry case
- CO2 Range 0 – 9999ppm – Accuracy +/-75ppm +/-5%
- Temperature range -10 to +60 deg C Accuracy +/-0.6 deg C
- Warm up – 30 seconds
On Farm Fresh Air Correction & Calibration
It is strongly suggested that the unit be corrected in a sunny, outdoor environment that is well ventilated. Do not correct the unit in places crowded with people or close to areas with high CO2 concentration such as ventilating outlets of fireplaces.
To correct the unit for CO2, place the meter in the calibration site and press and hold buttons 2 and 3 simultaneously. The unit will flash continually for about 5 minutes, then return to normal operation.
To abort correction at any time, simply turn the meter off.
CAUTION: The meter is corrected at ambient air of around 400ppm. Do not correct the meter in an environment with an unknown CO2 concentration. Doing this could lead to inaccurate measurements (Fresh Air our doors is considered to be 390-410ppm).